Most recent digital camera and imaging news items - RSSDigital camera and imaging news items - HTML

Sinar early bird offer: order a Hy6 with 80 mm AF lens and receive a Rolleiflex 6008 AF today

It's still hectic in the professional medium format camera market. Sinar joins forces with Rollei as they will take over all distribution of the professional photographic medium format equipment. As a first step Sinar launches an early bird offer for future Hy6 buyers. When you order a Sinar Hy6 with a 80 mm AF lens now, you will receive a Rolleiflex 6008 AF today. As soon as the Sinar Hy6 body is available (expected 2Q 2007) the Rolleiflex will be swapped for free, or you can keep the Rolleiflex as your backup for a special price...
Visit the Sinar websitePRESS SUMMARIES

Sinar  worldwide distributor for Rollei professional products

Sinar officially announces that as of October 1, 2006, Sinar will take over all distribution of the professional photographic medium format equipment of the renowned former camera manufacturer Rollei - today named again Franke & Heidecke.

That means that as of this date the Sinar distribution network will power-up its market position as a key supplier for professional photographic equipment and distribute a complete professional product line-up with Sinar, Rolleiflex and its accessories worldwide.

For further questions please contact your local Sinar distributor.

 
Leica Camera AG, Solms, takes over 51% of the Sinar shares

Press Release, September 25th 2006

Leica Camera AG, Solms, takes over 51% of the shares of Sinar AG, Feuerthalen/Switzerland, from JENOPTIK Laser, Optik, SystemeGmbH, Jena ("JENOPTIK"). JENOPTIK and Leica Camera AG have signed corresponding acquisition and transfer contracts on September 25, 2006. Confidentiality was agreed concerning the transfer price.

The existing technical cooperation between JENOPTIK and Sinar AG concerning digital camera backs will be continued.

Sinar AG serves professional photographers with leading solutions in medium and large format cameras, both with analogue and digital technology. Leica Camera AG will continue and develop the Sinar business with the Sinar brand and company structure, based on the shared values of excellence and innovation.

Both companies will benefit from synergies in technical collaboration as well as marketing and sales. Leica Camera AG is confident that the acquisition will bring positive developments for customers, employees as well as shareholders of both companies. This is a first step on the strategic path towards growing the business of Leica Camera AG.


Sinar Sells Controlling Share Of Company To Jenoptik

Press release, September 29th 2005

The Jenoptik subsidiary JENOPTIK Laser, Optik, Systeme GmbH has acquired a 51 percent stake in Sinar AG (Switzerland). The remaining 49 percent of the shares remain with Sinar Holding. The parties agreed not to disclose the purchase price. The share acquisition still requires the consent of the German Monopolies and Mergers Commission.

By taking this step JENOPTIK Laser, Optik, Systeme GmbH, Sinar's most important partner, is making a direct investment in the medium-sized, family-owned company. In Jenoptik as the majority shareholder, Sinar is gaining a partner engaged in the field of digital imaging, with strong technological expertise and finances who will ensure that in the future it can continue to develop leading technology products for professional digital photography. In Autumn last year Jenoptik and Sinar combined their areas of expertise in the field of professional digital photography within a partnership agreement.

“The heart of today's professional Sinar cameras are digital camera backs which have been developed over recent years together with JENOPTIK Laser, Optik, Systeme. The integration of sophisticated high-tech components increasingly requires partners with expertise to join forces. With Jenoptik, the technology group, Sinar will be able to continue to expand its leading position in the field of professional digital photography in the global market” said Hans-Carl Koch, Chairman of the Board of Sinar Holding.

The acquisition of a majority holding in the Sinar global brand will enable JENOPTIK Laser, Optik, Systeme GmbH to strengthen its existing successful cooperation with the Swiss camera systems manufacturer.
“In Sinar cameras we have the optimum platform for our digital camera backs” says Hans Szymanski, Managing Director of the Jenoptik subsidiary. Jenoptik will become the preferred partner for the professional user in digital professional photography.
The company offers complete solutions comprising a full line of products – from the lens to the capturing software and a unique digital know-how.

Additional information: Visit the Sinar website
December 2, 2006
go to top of page